I’m a 36 year old husband to a wonderful wife and father to 3 amazing girls from Tallahassee, FL. I’ve been programming for as long as I can remember, starting out on Apple IICs in the early 90’s… and have been a professional developer my entire adult life.
I’m currently CEO of CloudNimble, Inc., a consulting firm that specializes in Microsoft technologies. We’re modernizing DevOps for the State of Florida, spearheading upgrades to the Agency for Health Care Administration, including a modern enterprise application that helps the agency investigate Medicaid abuse. But my passion is helping startups, which is why we’re building 🔥 BurnRate, an ASP.NET Core app that helps startups scale out their sales teams.
Why I’m Running
I’ve been developing on the .NET Framework my entire professional career. I’ve had dozens of opportunities to help shape the platform over the years, from the Whidbey Alpha Design Reviews back in 2002, to my contributions to OData and Restier today. The .NET Foundation is doing important work in furthering Microsoft’s OSS contributions, and with my knowledge and focus on developer experiences + simplicity, I feel like I can help make an impact on project quality across the .NET ecosystem.
My Community Questions Answered:
- How would you provide specific help to OSS projects?
- [How would you improve] Inter-nation or cross-community collaboration[?]
- [How would you improve] .NET open source [solution] diversity[?]
My .NET Contributions
- Five-time Microsoft MVP across 3 different technologies, ASP.NET, .NET Framework, and Windows
- Was the youngest Developer MVP at the time of my first award in 2003
- Built the first Scrollable DataGrid component for ASP.NET 1.0
- Built the first DataSet -> Excel export library for .NET 1.0.
- Helped shape ASP.NET 2.0 & Visual Studio 2005 through the private Whidbey Design Review program.
- Ran the first blogging community for Windows (LonghornBlogs.com)
- Featured lots of content on .NET 2.0 and 3.0
- Winner, PC Magazine’s Top 100 Websites of 2004
My .NET OSS Contributions
- Ported Zlib to a Portable Class Library
- Was a dependency in the core library that backed all of Google’s .NET APIs for 2 years
- Ported Mono’s implementation of the Task Parallel Library to a Portable Class Library as System.Threading.Tasks
- Compatibility for multithreaded apps on Windows Phone 8 and later
- Today, the package is the only System.* NuGet package to bear another owner’s name
- My NuGet packages have nearly 56M downloads on NuGet.org
- First non-employee to be given Contributor access to Microsoft’s OData repo
- First non-employee (along with @cwoodruff) to be put in charge of a Microsoft OSS project (https://github.com/odata/restier).
- My old .NET blog
- Microsoft OData
- Microsoft Restier
- GitHub profile for my previous company: https://github.com/advancedrei
- NuGet Profile #1: https://www.nuget.org/profiles/CloudNimble
- NuGet Profile #2: https://www.nuget.org/profiles/AdvancedREI